Danish Heritage Museum of Danevang

Contact Us :  979-578-0808

Email:  danishmuseum4@gmail.com

 
The Danish Capital of Texas

153 County Road 426, P.O. Box 368, Danevang TX 77432            Phone: 979-578-0808

This house was built by Mr. and Mrs. H.P. Jensen, some of the earliest settlers in Danevang, on a farm approximately one-half mile west of the current site of the Museum.  Members of this family occupied the house for many years, after which it was rented out.  In 1993 the house, unoccupied and in a serious state of disrepair, was donated to the Danish Heritage Preservation Society and was moved to the site designated for the Museum.  It was restored to near original configuration with most of the labor provided by volunteers from the community.  This task included building a new kitchen wing to replace the original kitchen which had deteriorated beyond repair.

 

The house was then furnished with furniture and appliances from the period of time before 1920.  It was opened for display in 1998.

The Pioneer House

HOME

MUSEUM

HISTORY

PIONEER HOME

CHURCH

OUR STORY

EVENTS

INVOLVEMENT

CONTACT

HOMEHome.html
MUSEUMMuseum.html
HISTORYHistory.html
PIONEER HOME
CHURCHChurch.html
OUR STORYOur_Story.html
EVENTS
INVOLVEMENTInvolvement.html
CONTACTContact.html